Jun 5, 2014

Operation: Chronos - The Zero Divide, Prologue




“Are you sure this came from him?” the surprise, and some hint of dismay, from Sergeant Major William “Rhino” Springfield echoed, even from where I sit.


“Affirmative, sir” replied Officer Kowalski. I can’t see it clearly but I could hear the NCO unit stepping out of our commander’s office. At least that’s how they want to call that walled confinement he’s been staying in.

It’s been months now since we first arrived here at Leboux. My Heavy Assault Ranger unit, or Hammers as we are more popularly known, have always been in the front lines against the Axis denizens from Day 1. And even until now I can smell the stench of rotting corpse and ape sh*t when I stare at my Twins.

“Hammers! Report!” me and two unit members jumped out of our barracks and literally ran to Rhino’s office when we hear those words. For some unknown reason, and in a very long time since I signed up to service, I’m feeling nervous.  Wow! It’s been a while, now that I think of it. I’ve faced everything from laser-wielding Krauts to gigantic walkers and I never felt this shakiness I’m getting right now. My peers even gave me the nickname “Daredevil Donnie” because I’ve been known to shrug those things of and keep going forward.
“At ease, boys,” said Rhino, still with a very commanding tone, as we give our salute in front of his makeshift desk. He stood up and even without his heavy ranger suit on, his stature is very imposing.

“I just got direct orders from Ozz. An assignment. It’s big!” as if he’s giving us an assurance, “as you may already know, our two major defensive stations fell to enemies’ hands. After months of camping out here and boring ourselves to death, we’re finally seeing some progress: the Greys and the Reds are finally moving in!” you can discern the excitement in the commander’s voice as he briefs us.

It all sunk in to me after a few seconds, we’ve got company. We’ve got company! And not just the crazy Blut cultists, we’re seeing the Russians now! Finally! Now I understand, I suddenly realized it. It’s not fear, you idiot! I’m not shaking my legs because I’m afraid of what the commander received from Ozz. I’m excited! I’ll get to wear my Twins and smash undead huggers and communist scums once more!


Me and my unit were flying back to our barracks even before Commander Rhino finished his parting words, “What are you waiting for? Suit up!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Refrain from using any vulgar, racist, insulting, fuck it you know it already don't you? Just post.