Jun 8, 2014

Operation: Chronos. "Steel Wind"

Excerpt from the journal of
Major General Timofei Teodorovic
3rd Guards Cavalry Division, Steel Wind




7 Iyunya 1947


I set my binoculars down and exhale slowly.

“Comrade Koshka, ready our men.  We strike within the hour,” I say.

“At once, comrade general,” was her terse reply. She started to leave, but stopped mid-turn. “If I may ask…”

“…why here? Where better to establish a base of operations for the kind of war we will be fighting? I must make do with what little forces we have, and I have complete faith in your abilities to lead our men to victory on the battlefield, no matter the cost,” I finish for her.

With a salute, she finally turns to leave. I light my pipe and raise my binoculars, once again surveying the scene some few hundred meters away. With all these Axis forces rampaging through town and the Allies scrambling to meet them on the battlefield that they may hold their positions, the best hope we have of securing our goal is to strike fast and hard. I will observe these madmen rain death on each other, and only strike when the opportunity presents itself. My men have been fighting long and hard, but always on the sidelines. The reinforcements promised to us are certainly taking their time, but we must persevere.


Our prize will hopefully turn the tide; it must, for our future depends on it. We will know glory again, comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Refrain from using any vulgar, racist, insulting, fuck it you know it already don't you? Just post.