Mar 20, 2015

Road to Babylon - Behind the Scenes Part 1

We've recently launched our latest campaign for Dust Tactics/Battlefield, Road to Babylon. After much contemplation as to which army to field, I finally decided to go with my home faction, Allies. I went with my tri-faction list for 125 points. The thing is, my units in this list are part of my ever growing paint job back log.

As with our previous campaigns, I want to keep track of my matches and create battle reports and blog entries. So naturally I will take pictures of my army and I want them to look good, of course. With that in mind, I went ahead to painting my second Heavy Destroyer Walker, Six Shooter variant.

As this is a larger model, I resorted to using canned spray paints to get the base colors done. I used Tamiya Olive Drab for the body and Chrome for the legs.


after applying several coats

after 30-40 minutes, paint is dry and pieces were reassembled
Afterwards, I glued the hatches and the machine gun. Unlike the first Six Shooter I did, I opted to have both hatches opened. I hand-painted these parts with Tamiya Olive Green paint. I then applied some Citadel Nuln Oil on some parts for detailing and simulate weathering effects.

For more rusting and weathering, I used some Tamiya Metallic Brown paint and a sponge and started going all over the model.


While waiting to dry, I went ahead and took care of the crew. I opted not to use the default crew models that came with the kit. Instead, I rummaged through my scraps and found some remaining parts of my previous Tank Crew kit from Dust Studio.

I painted the crews' clothing with Vallejo Army Green and the skin parts with Dark Flesh. After some wash and dry brushing, they're all ready to board their new ride!
my desert themed Six Shooter and my newly finished one
As hinted on one of my images here, my light walkers are next on the plate. Will post progress here as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Refrain from using any vulgar, racist, insulting, fuck it you know it already don't you? Just post.