Jun 19, 2014

CRUZ CHRONICLES - Operation: Chronos, Shadowfall (Part 2)



I’ve been holding on to this pen and piece of paper for more than an hour now. Technically it was just the pen, this is like the nth piece of paper I tried to write my thoughts on. What’s funny is the pen wasn’t even mine. I picked it up from a fallen comrade. May he rest in peace.

I’ve written debriefing reports before. Can’t tell if it’s the terrible coffee or the nearly spoiled rations I stuffed my face with earlier. Maybe it’s the mildly lit lamp. I really don’t know, I can’t seem to put into written words what I’ve been running again and again at the back of my head.

Since we came here four days ago, we’ve been really occupied with a lot of “negotiations.” First in the line was the skirmish we had with a somewhat lost band of Axis. That was the first time I saw the infamous assassin Angela. Good thing our Grim Reapers proved lived up to their namesake. We’ve kept control of that area since then.



Then there were a couple of renegade troopers led by different commanders that we bumped into. Those bastards were a real pain in the neck. Good thing Joe was able to force a treaty and an alliance of sorts. With the Germans and the Russians around, I agree that we can channel our differences on more pressing problems.



We took down another Axis regiment near the Water District. I was a bit surprised myself to see enemy aerial support so close by. I really wish our requested reinforcements arrive before this campaign ends. We could really use the additional firepower. Not that I’m complaining. But come on, that skirmish could have turned against us if not for some dumb luck that our Six Shooter was able to deal serious dent on the enemy’s forces. Well, that’s before it was brought down by that dreadful Blitz. Even our Wildfires and Honeys took some beating back there. I’m just thankful I survived that encounter in one piece.

But what’s causing me unrest for the last two days was the most recent clash we had with the Reds. That machine they called Grandma dealt the most tremendous blow to our platoon. Not to mention those Steel Guards. It’s like whatever we threw at them just bounce off their armors and plates. What’s worse was we were like target practice to them. Makes me think of our delayed reinforcement again. Can’t wait to have me some Barbequed frogs like Hell! We’ll see about that…

Back in the here and now, on this makeshift chair, I almost fell as I hear some sudden noises. “We’re under attack! We’re under attack! Take positions!” warned one of our officers as he was running with all over the encampment to draw attention.

I saved the piece of paper and folded it back to my chest pocket. Away with this pen too. Let’s hope it brings me luck. Let’s hope I can bring vengeance to its previous owner. I took my AR and checked for ammunition. Made sure my UGL is also all prepped. Within seconds, I’m with my Bot Hunter unit.


“It’s the Mongoose!” confirmed my squad leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Refrain from using any vulgar, racist, insulting, fuck it you know it already don't you? Just post.